Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chemo -- Hurry Up And Wait

I think the treatments you get at MIRT are cutting edge and the nurses, tech, etc. are wonderful. However, the "waits" are terrible. My appointment for chemo this morning was 8am, so we got to the center at 7:30. I was finally called back at 9:15 for blood to be drawn. Was told they had to wait for results to come back before chemo could be started. Was called back again around 11:30, had a 30 minute infusion of a steroid (dexamethasone) and then the "little black bag" was hooked up to the catheter in my neck. This little bag will be with me around the clock until about noon on Sunday. It contains the 5 chemo drugs I'm receiving.

After all that, we returned to the apartment and I took a 3 1/2 hour nap!

Please pray for our friend Gwen who is having treatment here for myeloma and another cancer. She is having some problems and would really love to be able to go home for a couple of weeks. Pray that the problems will resolve and she'll have that time at home.

Thanks for checking in and for your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Dotty, sorry the first half of your day was not good but the last part sounded pretty good, 3 1/2 hour nap. I worked outside all day and we only got a sprinkle of rain, not enough to stop me. The sprinkle did help the pollen though. My yard is in full bloom and I am enjoying every minute of it.
    For encouragement read Isaiah43:2-3.
    I pray you will have a better day tomorrow.
    Say Hi to George for us. LE & CE

    ReplyDelete