Sunday, April 18, 2010

Running A Fever

This morning at 8am I went in for an injection and blood work. We decided to wait for the test results "just in case". Turns out I needed 2 units of blood, as my hemoglobin was only 7.5. No wonder I was feeling so tired and out of breath. The advanced practice nurse also ordered more tests, as my temp was a bit elevated. However, she really thinks the temp is the result of my badly irritated mouth. She told me
she think my counts are beginning to turn around and head up, which is good news.

Around 8pm I checked my temp and it was 101. So had to contact the doctor on call. He had us start an IV infusion of an antibiotic they had given us "just in case". We did that, so I hope it will take care of whatever is causing the fever. They'll check me out good at the center in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment