Friday, May 14, 2010

Making Progress

Saw the doctor today and plans are:

Sat. - start IV antibiotic/anti-fungals (think these will be daily for a while)

Sun. - have melphalan (the "big" chemo) by IV along with a bunch of "back up" drugs -- was told to keep ice in my mouth for 2 hours before having the IV, during the IV and for an hour after the IV. This is supposed to help prevent mouth sores and other digestive tract problems.

Mon. - same as Saturday

Tues./Wed. - My stem cells will be infused over two days.

I'm not sure what the exact plans past Wed. are, hope to learn more tomorrow.

I'm back to wearing a mask anytime I leave the apartment, as my doc doesn't want me to catch anything.

Your prayers for following are appreciated:
1. That the Melphalan will kill all the myeloma
2. That I won't have any severe side effects from the melphalan -- infections, digestive tract problems or mouth sores
3. That the transplant will work and give me years of remission.

Love you all,
Dotty

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I follow you and pray that this time, the transplant will be a big success.

    Rebecca and Jerry Weber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I send you love, strength and prayers for a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete