Sunday, May 16, 2010

Point Of No Return

Today I reached the point of no return, having had the "big chemo" -- melphalan. As it kills the cells in the bone marrow, I'll be wide open for any kind of infection. My doctor is taking all sorts of precautions by giving IV antibiotics, anti-fungals and other things.

From this point I just have to have faith that the melphalan will kill all the myeloma, and that the stem cells will take root and provide me with all the different blood cells I need.

Sharon, a good friend who also has myeloma, will be going through this same process at Baylor in Dallas starting this week. Please keep her in your prayers, too.

Your caring, prayers and comments are so appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dotty,
    Point of no Return- true you are in a position to only look up, FAITH in action! Remember we are there to lift you when you become weary. That is what your faith friends are for.
    Isaiah 40:28- Do you not know? Have your not heard? The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth Does not become weary or tired. v29 He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. Read v31. It will be the result of Your Faith.
    For the next few days you must practice Phil 4:8 Right Thinking! You keep your mind at peace while we pray. Love, LE & CE

    ReplyDelete