Sunday, February 21, 2010

2nd Day of Chemo

Today was not as tiring as yesterday, as we were only at the infusion center for 4 hours. I had my second round infused at the center and they refilled my "little black bag" for me to take back to the apartment. Being tethered to the bag is interesting, as it has to go where ever you do.

We have to be at the center early tomorrow to pick up all those meds I mentioned in a previous post from the pharmacy. I have never taken so much medicine/drugs in my life!!

Time to watch the Olympics!

Meant to tell you that while in the waiting room George recognized a woman from his hometown -- Elaine Bass Fontenot. Her niece Gwen Simmons, from Tennessee, is being treated for myeloma and Elaine is staying with her this week. George really enjoyed visiting with her in person and it was nice for me to meet her. They have been chatting for years on an online hometown chat site.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dotty, Glad it's going well for you so far! I guess your little black bag is your new friend for a while! You are in my thoughts and prayers every day. Enjoy the olympics!--Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know that you are getting in as much on the olympics as possible - along with reading! Hope you found a good book. But really do think you should have been given a little "Purple" bag.Hope your day not tooo early, altho you are an early bird by nature.my love, robbi g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dotty, Monday is my SS Class prayer day for you & I wanted you to know I had ask God to give you special favor today during your treatment and put a shield of protection around you that no illness could enter. That you would be bold with strength in your soul. Ps.138:3b
    Love, Laverne

    ReplyDelete