Saw the myeloma doctor today. She had the results of the genetic testing and it shows that the myeloma I have is not aggressive and not high risk. Until this time, I had been told it was high risk. So, this was really good news.
I'll start a 4 to 6 hour chemo infusion tomorrow with several drugs. I'll have this for 4 days. Then I'll have injections twice a day to raise my white counts. When they get high enough, stem cells will be harvested. In addition to the chemo IV's, I'll be taking antibiotics, anti-virals, anti-fungals and Tami-flu by mouth each day.
Particular prayer requests:
1. That I'll be able to harvest plenty of stem cells with no problems
2. That I'll not have any infections while my counts are so low
Thanks for the prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad for your good news! Prayer requests are on my list! Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteDotty,
ReplyDeleteI am glad to have heard from you. PTL that you found out for sure your MM is not the aggressive type! It sounds as though you are going to have a very big day tommorrow. I pray that God surrounds you in His loving arms and grants you peace.
Postive news already, that sounds great....I think you are in good hands there.....Hope everything goes right on schedule today, I will be thinking bout you and praying for you........
ReplyDeleteDotty, I thank God for such wonderful news for you! My prayers are with you. I'm so glad you are getting treated by an expert in MM. I know in my heart you will do well. Your guardian angels are watching over you. Stay strong!--Sandy
ReplyDelete