Thursday, February 25, 2010

Started ShotsToday

Today I started receiving growth factor injections to help raise my white counts and encourage stem cell growth. Each day I also have blood tests which will tell them when I'm to the point where they can "harvest".

I was going to have to go to the center twice a day to get the injections. But, they are going to let me give myself the late afternoon shot. That way we have only one trip to the center per day and I'll only be exposed to people once instead of twice a day.

We may have a little snow tonight, but I don't think it's supposed to accumulate. I hope it doesn't!

Thanks for your prayers and notes.

Hi, Chuck!! I hear you are reading my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dotty,I'm glad you did not have to make a daily 2nd trip to the center, you can do it yourself. I spent abt 4 1/2 hrs with my friend in the cancer center here today. Her count is beginning to drop and she has to stay away from crowds but holding her own real well.
    My word or encouragement today comes from
    Romans 15:4- "Everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the scriptures we might have hope."
    That HOPE will lift you above the valley. Keep smiling, as I am typing this I am looking at your happy smiling picture. :)LE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dotty, I will be leaving in the morning going back home. I am so good I got to meet you and I want you to remember that I will be praying for you daily. May God bless you during your treatment time here in Little Rock. Keep your eyes on the Lord and He will see you through the valleys as well as to the mountain tops.
    May God Bless You.
    Tell George to take good care of you.
    Elaine F

    ReplyDelete