Had an appointment to start chemo this morning at 10am. It was after 11 when I was called back. We left the infusion center at 4:30pm this afternoon. After a long infusion of saline and a chemo drug "Etoposide", I was sent home "hooked" to a little black bag that has 2 other drugs that will be infused over a 24 hour period -- Cytoxin and Mesna. I will repeat this for 3 more days.
George and I are both really tired after 4 long days. Oh, starting this morning, I have to wear a mask anytime I am outside our apartment. My doctor wants me to be very careful about not "catching" anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Many caring thoughts are with you...
ReplyDeleteOn a lighter note, I hope you have some stones with you to jewel your *mask". I can just imagine the beauty that you would design.
martha
Hurry up and wait...thats the name of the game. But you can do what ever it takes,one day at a time,and one step at a time.Hope you got some needed rest last night and that your day does good today....Take care....
ReplyDeleteI guess there is no such thing as an easy first day of chemo....hope you can settle into a routine & get some rest off an on. Thinking of you....
ReplyDeleteHi Dotty, Wanted to send a word of encouragement- Ps 138:7 Though you walk in the midst of trouble, The Lord will revive you; The Lord will stretch forth His hand against the wrath of your enenies (cancer), and His right will save you.
ReplyDeleteRead all of Psalm 138 and notice the last half of v.3 "You(Lord)made me bold with stength in my soul." I pray God will give you that stength.
In prayer, Laverne