Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Black Bag is Gone!

This afternoon I was unhooked from the "little black bag"! Tomorrow I start growth factor injections twice a day to build up my stem cell count, working toward harvest. I was assigned to an advance practice nurse who will follow me though the process and make sure I'm doing okay.

Please pray from our friend Gwen Simmons who also has myleoma and is here for treatment, as she is having some other health problems.

5 comments:

  1. I know you are glad that "little black bag is gone" so how many days will you have to do the injections,do you know? Hope you have a peaceful rest tonight and a good day tomorrow......Take care and stay strong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie,
    I appreciate your comments. Don't know how many days I'll have the injections. It depends on how quickly my counts go up. They have to be at a certain level before they can collect stem cells.
    :)Dotty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know you are glad to be rid of the "little black bag"!!! From this side of the computer, things seem to be moving so quickly for you. I hope time is not dragging for you. Hopefully you brought some fun crafts & books to help pass the time when you can't rest. I know Mom misses you being right across the street!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dotty, You are progressing right along, heading for the Olympic finish line and gold.
    God's words to Joshua also can apply to His child, Dotty: "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
    Charles says, Hang in there! You are in our prayers. LE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dotty, So glad you get to leave your little black bag behind. Phase one done! Good job! You are a trooper and it is serving you well. I'll be praying for your blood counts to go up quickly. Hope you are feeling OK through all this. Will be praying for you and your friend....
    Best, Sandy

    ReplyDelete