Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Well, I was hoping that when I went to the center this afternoon I'd get good news from the blood tests that were done this morning. However, that was not to be. My red and white blood counts had actually dropped a little, and I'm still not producing enough stem cells.

They increased the dose of the growth factor injections. The nurse said to expect more bone pain from the increase. In fact, more bone pain means the marrow is working overtime and producing more cells. So, please pray for me to have more bone pain and stem cell counts to rise.

4 comments:

  1. I know you must feel like you are on a roller coaster ride...up...then down...then up. Don't get frustated just take a deep breath and try to hang in there. God always works things
    out in his own perfect time,and we have to just trust that he knows best.
    Remember, "The peace of God that passeth all understanding,shall keep your heart and mind through Christ Jesus" Phil 4:7 .... love to you, hope you have a restful night...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dotty, Charles is checking on you, before I get home from Tyler, he is in the know. He says, Hang in there for there will be better days. We are praying for your counts to rise, but it is hard to ask for more bone pain, even though I hear what you are saying. I guess it is kinda like the rainbow after the storm.
    Psalm 27:14 Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. (You are in good hands:)le :-)ce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dotty,

    My wife Carla is being treated by the Myeloma Institue as well. She had her first stem cell transplant 10 days ago.

    I wanted you to know about the Little Rock Church's Home Away from Home program. They have 13 apartments in Northwest Hills. A one bedroom apartment rents for $800 and a two bedroom rents fro $925. There is no cleaning service but the apartments are OK and more reasonable than others we found in Little Rock.

    My wife's blog is at:
    http://carlasmyeloma.blogspot.com

    Perhaps we will cross paths sometime while at MIRT. I think you mentioned the Infusion Center. Carla's blood tests are done in 7C.

    Ernie Ferguson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of prayers for you, Dotty. May guardian angels watch over you.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete