I'm sure you've used the old saying that you "feel like pulling your hair out"!! Around 4am this morning I woke up with my scalp itching like crazy. So, I started scratching and came away with a handful of hair! Yep, the chemo finally caught up with my hair.
A nurse had told me you get rid of the itching if you pull the hair out rather than shaving it off. So, I'm gradually pulling it out. If it's not all gone by bedtime, I'll probably shave off any remaining. I do have plenty of little caps to wear.
Now I just need pointy ears, slanted eyebrows and I'd look like a Vulcan lady on Star Trek!
My white counts continue to rise, which is great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Dotty, So happy the white counts are rising and harvest is in the near future. About the hair- at least that is one thing you don't have to worry with fixing and you have a joking attitude about it, which is very good. I'm puny today with sinusitis for the 4th time since Nov. I have jury duty all next week so I stayed in today and rested. I am praying for a productive week for you and for you to feel good. Tell George to hang in there and cook you some good meals. CE & LE
ReplyDeleteHey Dotty, Hopefully you will be harvesting very soon! You will look very cute in your little caps! Hopefully they will be comfortable for you.
ReplyDeleteHang in there! You are doing great! Praying for you daily!-- Sandy