Boy, when I got my blood test results from yesterday's tests, I was shocked. My white counts were almost non-existent! We had to take a class on how to give me an IV antibiotic in case I have fever at night. Being able to do this would save a trip to the emergency room. So, we took the class and came home with the antibiotic, syringes of saline and heparin, etc. "IF" I should run a fever, I'd first call the doctor on duty to get his okay for the IV. Hopefully, this will not be needed.
I'm feeling okay. Wearing that mask all the time I'm away from the apartment is not fun. It makes you feel like you can't breathe. But, that is a minor inconvenience.
As always, your prayers are so appreciated. Do continue to remember our friend Gwen Simmons who is in the hospital here in Little Rock with myeloma and a second cancer. She was to start a very strong chemo today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Keeping you in our prayers....that your count will start coming up soon...stay strong and keep that mask on....The ups and then downs are just part of things you know....Hope you have a restful night and no fever...
ReplyDeleteLove to you....
Will be praying that you don't need that injection! Hoping for no infections & fever free for you. I hope you have a good week & receive some good news too....
ReplyDeleteHey Dotty, I have been in Tyler today for Fed Jury duty, & I was chosen. Will be starting trial next Monday & may run thru the next Monday. I did pray for you eary morn, since today is my chosen day, but was difficult with all the stuff going on. Sounds like things are somewhat serious when you talk about IVs & ER. So that brings me to give you "shot" of encouragement for the day- Isiah 41:10 "Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
ReplyDelete:)le & :-)ce (He has learned how to check your messages without my help,he's interested)
Hey, Charlie!!
ReplyDeleteWow, Dotty...so sorry your white counts are so low! I am praying that you stay fever free and don't need the IV apparatus tonight and that tomorrow's results will show improvement. Stay strong. Fighting MM is a series of battles but you will win. Tomorrow will bring better news. I can feel it...hope you can too. Stay strong!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Sandy
Hey, sis. Sorry about the white counts. Prayers and hugs coming your way. Love ya.
ReplyDelete